Thursday, September 17, 2009

WebQuest Editing

I found a WebQuest entitled "Independent Reading Workshop" in which each student creates two graphic organizers (one about a character in their book and one about the plot) about a book they read on their own. Students will also use Microsoft Word to write a reflection and summary about the book they read; then, a class blog will be created for students to post about their books (whether or not they'd recommend it to other students, how they felt about the book, etc.).

The content of this WebQuest is great because it gets students to read and discuss books with their fellow classmates. However, it isn't visually appealing and the Introduction certainly wouldn't grab a second grader's attention. Also, since this WebQuest was created in 2005, some of the information could probably use an update, as well. I'd like to edit this WebQuest!

Please click here for the link to "Independent Reading Workshop."

5 comments:

  1. You have identified good areas for improvement! I look forward to seeing the final version!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin You can post your comment here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay.. On the original WebQuest that I'm updating, they tell the students to use Inspiration to create these graphic organizers for the assignment..but I don't know what Inspiration is or how it works. Should I include that in my WebQuest, even though I don't know what it is, or change the Process so the students use something else that I know what it is?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiration is a graphic organization software. Go ahead and use it in your Webquest. You can get a free down load to create your student sample next week. Here is a link to Inspiration:
    http://www.inspiration.com/Freetrial

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alrighty; I'll do that!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete